|author||Ralph Amissah <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2014-11-03 02:37:07 +0000|
|committer||Ralph Amissah <email@example.com>||2014-11-03 02:37:07 +0000|
|parent||version & changelog (revert to 5.7.1 state, minimize 5.7.1-2 diff) (diff)|
debian/control sisu description, minor refinement
* (Closes: #767776)
Diffstat (limited to 'debian')
1 files changed, 12 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/debian/control b/debian/control
index d424f95..ee82149 100644
@@ -22,21 +22,22 @@ Description: documents - structuring, publishing in multiple formats and search
structuring, publishing and search framework for document collections.
With minimal preparation of a plain-text (UTF-8) file, using sisu markup
- syntax in your text editor of choice, SiSU can generate various document
+ syntax in a text editor of your choice, SiSU can generate various document
formats (most of which share a common object numbering system for locating
content), including plain text, HTML, XHTML, XML, EPUB, OpenDocument text
(ODF:ODT), LaTeX, PDF files, and populate an SQL database with objects
(roughly paragraph-sized chunks) so searches may be performed and matches
returned with that degree of granularity. Think being able to finely match
- text in documents across different output formats and across languages if you
- have translations of the same document, using common object numbers.
- Additionally for search, your criteria is met by these documents at these
- locations within each document (equally relevant across different output
- formats and languages). To be clear (if obvious) page numbers provide none of
- this functionality. Object numbering is particularly suitable for "published"
- works (finalized texts as opposed to works that are frequently changed or
- updated) for which it provides a fixed means of reference of content. Document
- outputs also share semantic meta-data provided.
+ text in documents, using object numbers, across different output formats and
+ across languages if you have translations of the same document. Search results
+ can be an index of documents and object numbers within them, your criteria is
+ met by these documents at these locations within each document (equally
+ relevant across different output formats and languages). To be clear (if
+ obvious) page numbers provide none of this functionality. Object numbering is
+ particularly suitable for "published" works (finalized texts as opposed to
+ works that are frequently changed or updated) for which it provides a fixed
+ means of reference of content. Document outputs can also share provided
+ semantic meta-data.
SiSU also provides concordance files, document content certificates and
manifests of generated output. SiSU provides the means to make book indexes
@@ -50,7 +51,7 @@ Description: documents - structuring, publishing in multiple formats and search
The package sisu-complete installs the whole of SiSU.
Additional document markup samples are provided in the package
- sisu-markup-samples which is found in the non-free archive the licenses for
+ sisu-markup-samples which is found in the non-free archive. The licenses for
the substantive content of the marked up documents provided is that provided
by the author or original publisher.